Extend On-Premise Solutions (SAP incl. SAP S/4 HANA or Legacy)
Customers want to protect existing investments in their on-premise solutions, at the same time want to be able to leverage new technologies and take advantage of recent innovations. SAP HANA Cloud Platform enables customers to build hybrid cloud solutions which can not only coexist with existing on-premise SAP and non-SAP solutions but extend these solutions in a non-disruptive and low risk approach.
SAP Business Suite software runs on SAP as an application server and integration platform. Powered by SAP HANA, this combination provides the industry-leading technology to develop mission-critical business applications - by SAP, for customers and by partners. Build an integration or extension to the world’s leading enterprise applications from SAP with SAP HANA Cloud Platform.
Characteristics of target partners:
- Partner with expertise in existing SAP Business Suite and industry solutions.
Reach out to SAP’s strong customer base of SAP Business Suite and industry solutions customers
SAP HANA Cloud Platform – OP Connectivity via SAP Cloud Connector:
- SAP Cloud Connector(SCC) establishes secure SSL VPN connection between the SAP HANA Cloud and on-premise systems (SAP and 3rd party system)
- Leverage SCC for user ID propagation and access logging for auditing & compliance
- Supports pre-configured “destination API” and certificate inspection to safeguard against forgeries
- Complementary to SAP Gateway, SAP HANA Cloud Integration and 3rd party integration suites both on-premise and in the cloud
SAP HANA Cloud Platform – OP Connectivity via SAP HANA Cloud Integration – Process Integration:
- For customers and partners with advanced integration needs
- Jump start your integration project with prepackaged integration content
- Combines process & data integration capabilities
SAP Cloud Identity Service:
- SSO, Support for 3rd party identity provider, federated authentication, user reuse
Additional differentiators of SAP HANA Cloud Platform:
- Built-in services such as persistence, SAP HANA Cloud Portal, HCI-PI & DS, Document Service
- OP-connectivity via SCC w/o need to change the enterprise firewall configuration
Getting started: Partner and customer considerations
What partners need to extend on-premise solutions?
Specific use-case offerings – besides the SAP PartnerEdge program for Application Development membership – include:
What does the Partner need for development?
- Innovation pack for SAP HANA Cloud Platform to build and use
- SAP HANA Cloud applications for extension scenario
- SAP Cloud Identity Service
- SAP Cloud Connector
- Innovation pack for Application Integration to use
- SAP Business Suite for test purpose of the extension scenario
- S/4 HANA
- Innovation pack for SAP HANA & Databases
- SAP HANA Database needed to build on S/4 HANA
- Optional: SAP HCP additional resources
- 64GB (Required for HANA XS based Apps)
- Innovation pack for SAP HANA Cloud Integration to use
- SAP HCI Developer for Connectivity
for the SAP PartnerEdge program for Application Development membership
If you are already an existing program member, please sign up for additional innovation packs or services.
What your customer needs:
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform App services premium edition or according edition depending on the use of SAP HANA Cloud Integration
- SAP Business Suite or S/4 HANA
- SAP HANA Database
- Sell your app to SAP´s strong customer base of SAP Business Suite and Industry solutions.
- Provide your application with an SAP HANA Cloud Platform embedded Platform-as-a-Service (ePaaS)
Learn more about the technologies for this use case:
Get the technical resources and tutorials you need to begin developing on-premise solution extension applications:
- Get access to
- Get access to the
Latest NewsView all
- Sept. 20, 2016
- Aug. 16, 2016
- July 27, 2016
- July 19, 2016
- July 15, 2016