SAP Application Development Partner Center Privacy Statement
In addition to the terms set forth in the, this Privacy Statement covers this website and other sites that reference this Privacy Statement. Some SAP entities, programs and/or sites may have their own, possibly different, privacy statements. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each of the SAP websites or program information you visit or review.
Our privacy practices reflect current principles and standards on handling personal information. These principles include notice of data use, choice of data use, data access, data integrity, security, onward transfer, and enforcement/oversight. We abide by the privacy laws in the countries where we do business.
By using this Website, you consent to the collection and use of the information as described here. If we decide to make changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post the changes on this site so that you will always know what information we collect, and how we use it. From time to time, as may be required by applicable law, we may also seek your explicit consent to process certain data and information collected on this website or volunteered by you.
Collection and Processing of Your Personal Data
Use of Google Analytics
Use and Purpose of Collected Personal Data
The information SAP collects to understand your needs and interests helps SAP deliver a consistent and personalized experience. We will use such information only as described in this Privacy Statement and/or in the way we specify at the time of collection. We will not subsequently change the way your personal data is used without your consent, as required by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use your personal data include, but are not limited to:
- To process your orders and deliver the products and services that you have ordered;
- To keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, software upgrades, security patches, system enhancements, special offers, and other information. This may occasionally include information from other technology companies or business partners about products and services that can add value to your SAP products;
- To tailor information about our products and services to your individual interests. For example, during a visit to our site, it allows us to provide you with specific information on products and services that may be of interest;
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content;
- To conduct online "Click to Chat" and "Click to Call" sessions;
- In order to ensure and control the quality of the information and experience you have during chat sessions with SAP by educating our personnel to effectively answer your questions;
- To provide the ability to contact you, and provide you with shipping and billing information, and to provide customer feedback and support;
- To provide contests, sweepstakes or other marketing or promotional activities on the SAP.com or affiliate websites. Personal data may be collected to administer those programs;
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary;
- To support recruitment inquiries; and
- To meet contractual obligations.
We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems, to administer our website, and to gather demographic information. We may also use IP addresses or other information to determine which pages on our sites are being visited and topics that may be of interest so we can provide you with information about relevant products and services. Generally, SAP will aggregate such data only in an anonymous way and will not tie it to a particular individual unless he or she has given consent. When you visit our site, we recognize only your domain name. SAP will only gather information related to your visit to the SAP site. We do not track or collect personal information from your visits to companies or entities outside the SAP Group of companies.
In addition to the information you provide, SAP may also collect information during your visit to an SAP website through automated tools, which include Web beacons, cookies, embedded Web links, and other commonly used information-gathering tools. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website such as your browser type and language, access times, and the address of the website from which you arrived at an SAP website. Using these tools, SAP is also able to confirm receipt of e-mails that the recipient consented to receive, and can track other information such as pages visited on the SAP site and whether or not the recipient registers for an event offered by SAP and certain other aggregate data that is not related to a particular individual.
Embedded Web Links
Emails from SAP often use links designed to lead you to a relevant area on the Web, after redirection through SAP's servers. The redirection system allows SAP to change the destination URL of these links, if necessary, and to determine the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives. In emails, such links may also allow SAP to determine if you have clicked on a link in the email, and the information about this interaction may be connected to your personal identity. If you do not want SAP to collect information about the links you clicked, you can simply choose not to click on the links in an e-mail that SAP sends you.
Security of Your Personal Data
SAP is committed to protecting the personal data you share with us. SAP uses a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. SAP supports online security using secure server technology because we want your data to be safe. There are state-of-the-art security arrangements and facilities on SAP sites to prevent abuse. We bind our employees to observe your privacy and confidentiality rights.
Links to Other Sites
This site may contain links to other sites. SAP is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites outside the SAP Group of companies.
SAP will not retain your personal data longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
SAP does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems.
If you have any other questions about this privacy statement, please contact: